Thursday, November 29, 2012

CD22: Waiting, Waiting, and More Waiting...

Yep, 2 posts in one day! For all those who do not know what CD means, it stands for Cycle Day and just refers to where I am at in my current cycle. Today is day 22. We went ahead this month and decided to do our first IUI (intrauterine insemination) after our last two failed cycles of clomidm + a trigger shot + timed intercourse. This month has me on edge that is for sure. I went in more my monitoring appointment last Monday and I guess I had not responded as well to the clomid as I had done previously. I only had one follicle on the verge of being mature and it was still only 15mm. So the doc told me to come back in two more days. Well going on Wednesday meant that if my follicle had grown enough that I would trigger that night. Doesn't really sound bad except we wanted to do back to back IUIs and that meant Thursday would be our first and that was Thanksgiving! I thought for sure we would have our IUI on black Friday and by then we would have missed our chance at nearly 48hrs past my trigger. I honestly did not expect them to be open   for the holiday but I guess when you are dealing with women's bodies you have to be open. Goodness knows a woman's body waits for no one! I stressed about  it until Wednesday rolled around and my follicle had grown to 19.5 and he tells me that I will come in on Thanksgiving and then Black Friday. I was so relieved! Our first IUI went perfectly. Mr. P's little guys were at 105 million and 96% motility the first day post wash and the following day he was at 115 million and 86% motility. Now we are waiting, and waiting, and waiting. My trigger shot is completely out of my system. I was able to turn a HPT positive (barely) for a few days after the shot. Not any more! I will be able to test on the 6th to see if we are some how lucky and had it happen on our first shot. Ha, yea right. 

This whole process has made me so pessimistic. I feel like I will never see those two lines. Here's to the 6th! May the days go by quickly :)


No comments:

Post a Comment